The Empowerment-Center (EMC)
Since April 2018 the Empowerment-Center (EMC) is part of the Competence Network KI-I. The Empowerment-Center sees itself as Center of Advice and Education that supports people with disabilities on their way to self-determination. The Empowerment-Center is financed by the social office of the local government of Upper Austria.
What does the Empowerment-Center of the KI-I offer?
- Peer-Counseling by educated Peer-Counselors as statutory in the Upper Austrian Social Profession Act (Details about Peer-Counseling).
- Counseling for relatives of people with disabilites
- Accompaniment and support on the way to an Independent Life
- Personal Future Planning for people with disabilites (Details about Personal Future Planning).
- Education and training on various topics and for various target groups (e.g. for interest representatives) (the current education and training offers of the EMC (PDF, 3563KB, in German))
- Lectures, courses and events
- Exchange and meeting opportunities between people with and without disabilities
- Accompanied Peer-Group-Meetings
- Literature and films about disability-specific topics to borrow (a list of available literature and films (XLS-file, 180KB, german))
Empowerment-Center des KI-I
Bethlehemstraße 3 / 2nd floor
Telephone: 0732 272862